Here are some tips I shared with my math class for answering the types of multiple choice questions you will encounter on the provincial exam. I think this is just as useful for the science provincial as well…
1. Read the question completely.
- What is the question asking?
- What useful information does the question give you? List it
- What additional information do you require?
2. Look at the diagram/table or create one.
- What information does the diagram give you? List it
- Can you draw a diagram to clarify the problem?
3. Look at the answer choices
- What do the choices tell you about the type of answer the question is looking for?
- Are there any that you can eliminate immediately?
4. Solve the problem.
- Is there any information in the data booklet that could help you?
5. Double check your work and answer.
- Are the signs correct?
- Did you answer the question asked?